According to UNICEF, 800 people per month are currently being killed by landmines, and there are still 110 million landmines lodged in the ground! AVC provides excellent demining equipment to protect the brave people who perform demining to protect the innocent ones. The suits are ideal for mine clearing operations, and AVC also stocks additional accessories such as visors and prodders for extra security.
Their demining suits are designed to protect every inch of the person’s body giving you and them peace of mind. The demining suits’ specifications are as follows:
- The suit covers from the chest down to the knees with a crotch flap
- It is designed to protect the shoulders, underarms and around the side of the body
- AVC uses CORDURA nylon for the outer material for flash resistance and durability
- They use a poly-cotton inner for moisture absorption and extra comfort
- The suit has mesh on the back panel for maximum ventilation
- Modular Velcro equipment makes for easy adjustment
- It also has a visor holder or positioning flap and detachable Velcro pockets
- The suit has reflective tape on the back for easy identification
- It also has space for a prodder and radio
- As optional extras, you can choose between Twaron or Kevlar as the ballistic material and optional lower leg and full arm protection (dependent on the working conditions)
- The suits are tested to STANAG 2920 and IMAS 10.30 and is manufactured in two sizes (XXS | M) and (L | XXL).
We are as committed as you are to protect your demining people and the innocents from the horrors of landmines.